It is not a cost, it is an investment in your product, brand and market.
What is Serialisation?
Serialisation is the tagging of the smallest sellable product with a two dimensional data code which contains a unique serial number that can be tracked within the supply chain. Aggregation is the tagging of each packaging format as a parent child relationship with the previous, as per image.
The code can consist of four parts:
- GTIN number (Gen product ID)
- Expiration date
- Batch/Lot number
- Serial number (unique to each pack)
Today pharmaceutical products, tomorrow all products under regulation or by corporate choice.
What is it?
- A random generation of a unique, unrepeatable digital identifier
- It can be applied to all products; individual, blister, bag, carton, cans, bottles and at multiple levels of aggregation
- Overt and Covert, Track & Trace capability both temporal and spatial
What does it do?
- Authenticates the product; in-store or online
- Protects your customer, client, patient or end-user against counterfeit products
- Real time supply chain management
- Brand protection, product value enhanced
- Assures access to regulated markets
- Provides unequalled access to product life cycle and market real time data